Özlem BAŞIBÖYÜK, LL.M. provides legal advice to Turkish and multinational companies on issues of competition law, international trade and regulatory projects.
She wrote a dissertation in the matter of “A Comparative Analysis of Merger Remedies under the European and Turkish Merger Control Regimes.” Ms. BAŞIBÖYÜK was admitted to İstanbul Bar Association in 2015.
Ms. BAŞIBÖYÜK is fluent in English.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Investigation initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority concerning anti-competitive information exchange in chemicals market (ongoing).
- Negative clearance/exemption notification forms for various companies operating in different industries.
- Authorized dealer agreements in line with competition law.
- Competition compliance programs for top-tier companies from a wide range of industries such as e-commerce, aviation, media & entertainment, FMCG, insurance, maritime transportation, automotive and cement.
Brunel University, London, LL.M. in International Commercial Law, 2017
Marmara University, Istanbul, LLB,2014
2. "The Regional Administrative Court Found the Turkish Competition Authority’s Decision concerning Mey İçki Unlawful: Abuse of the Dominance Should Be Evaluated Separately in terms of Each Product Market!", Concurrences, May 2020, with Bahadır Balkı and Mustafa Ayna