Özlem BAŞIBÖYÜK, LL.M. provides advice to Turkish and multinational companies on issues of competition law, international trade and regulatory projects.
She wrote a dissertation in the matter of “A Comparative Analysis of Merger Remedies under the European and Turkish Merger Control Regimes.” Ms. BAŞIBÖYÜK was admitted to İstanbul Bar Association in 2015.
Ms. BAŞIBÖYÜK is fluent in English.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Investigation initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority concerning anti-competitive information exchange in chemicals market (ongoing).
- Negative clearance/exemption notification forms for various companies operating in different industries.
- Authorized dealer agreements in line with competition law.
- Competition compliance programs for top-tier companies from a wide range of industries such as e-commerce, aviation, media & entertainment, FMCG, insurance, maritime transportation, automotive and cement.
Brunel University, London, LL.M. in International Commercial Law, 2017
Marmara University, Istanbul, LLB,2014
1. "Communiqué Concerning the Mergers and Acquisitions Calling for the Authorization of the Competition Board Has Been Amended", Concurrences, March 2022, with Bahadır Balkı, Mustafa Ayna and Arda Deniz Diler
3. "The Turkish Competition Authority Cleared the Merger Transaction Between FCA and PSA, But Subject to Conditions...", Kluwer Competition Law Blog, August 2021, with Mustafa Ayna and Arda Deniz Diler
5. "Turkish Competition Authority Has Published the Preliminary Report on the E-Marketplace Sector Inquiry: Legislation is Around the Corner", Kluwer Competition Law Blog, June 2021, with Mustafa Ayna
7. "The Regional Administrative Court Found the Turkish Competition Authority’s Decision concerning Mey İçki Unlawful: Abuse of the Dominance Should Be Evaluated Separately in terms of Each Product Market!", Concurrences, May 2020, with Bahadır Balkı and Mustafa Ayna