Özlem BAŞIBÖYÜK, LL.M. provides legal advice to Turkish and multinational companies on issues of competition law, international trade and regulatory projects.
She wrote a dissertation in the matter of “A Comparative Analysis of Merger Remedies under the European and Turkish Merger Control Regimes.” Ms. BAŞIBÖYÜK was admitted to İstanbul Bar Association in 2015.
Ms. BAŞIBÖYÜK is fluent in English.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Investigation initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority concerning anti-competitive information exchange in chemicals market (ongoing).
- Negative clearance/exemption notification forms for various companies operating in different industries.
- Authorized dealer agreements in line with competition law.
- Competition compliance programs for top-tier companies from a wide range of industries such as e-commerce, aviation, media & entertainment, FMCG, insurance, maritime transportation, automotive and cement.
- Brunel University, London, LL.M. in International Commercial Law, 2017
- Marmara University, Istanbul, LLB,2014
RECENT ESSAYS & ARTICLES
- "A Preference for Structural Remedies over Behavioural Remedies: Effectiveness of Behavioural Remedies has been Questioned by the Administrative Court", with Barış Yüksel, Mondaq, February 2019
- "No More Attorney-Client Privilege for Competition Compliance Programmes in Turkey, At Least for Now…," with Barış Yüksel, Mondaq, January 2019
- "Hefty Fine imposed on Facebook for "Misleading And Aggressive Practices", with Barış Yüksel and Fırat Eğrilmez Mondaq, December 2018
- "EU's Provisional Safeguard Measures on Steel Products and a Practical Guide for Importers", with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat anda Baran Can Yıldırım, July 2018
- "TCA's Second Clearance for the Same Transaction in Fresh Bread Yeast Sector", with Barış Yüksel, Mondaq, June 2018