Ertuğrul Can CANBOLAT, LL.M. has extensive knowledge of and experience on all aspects of competition law, antitrust and international trade remedies.
Mr. CANBOLAT provides legal advisory services regarding day-to-day competition and regulatory compliance, the investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority, merger control issues related to both domestic and cross-border mergers as well as exemption applications and representing clients in judicial review proceedings.
Furthermore, he leads the trade remedies practice of ACTECON and has extensive experience in defending international clients in trade defence investigations. His experience includes crafting responses to the questionnaires, constructing successful defence strategies, conducting dumping & injury margin analyses in accordance with various scenarios, preparing strong counter arguments against the domestic industries’ claims and findings of the investigating authority, advising clients in presenting their case to the investigating authority. He has attended many verification visits, public and private hearings and represented European, Korean, Indian and Chinese clients in anti-dumping, anti-circumvention, safeguard and expiry review investigation proceedings. He has hands-on experience on the procedural and practical issues implemented. Mr. CANBOLAT also defends Turkish exporters in dumping investigations initiated by foreign authorities and has experience in international proceedings.
He also provides advisory services to companies wishing to carry out their activities in compliance with internationally accepted principles and customs rules ranging from tariff classification, rules of origin, and customs valuation to foreign exchange regulation.
Mr. CANBOLAT speaks English and German fluently.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Merger control proceedings before the Turkish Competition Authority covering a number of industries, most notably passenger cars, agrochemicals, hospitality and stainless-steel tubes.
- Abuse of dominance cases, restrictive practices and cartel investigations in various industries including forestry products and media audit.
- Competition compliance programs for companies dealing with online retailing and marketplaces, insurance, FMCG, cement, and ready-mix concrete.
- Anti-dumping, anti-circumvention and safeguard investigations initiated by the Turkish Ministry of Trade regarding various industries.
- University of Exeter, Exeter, LL.M. in International Commercial Law, 2012
- Bilkent University, Ankara, LLB, 2011
RECENT ESSAYS & ARTICLES