Ertuğrul Can CANBOLAT, LL.M. has extensive knowledge of and experience on all aspects of competition law, antitrust and international trade remedies.
Mr. CANBOLAT provides advisory services regarding day-to-day competition and regulatory compliance, the investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority, merger control issues related to both domestic and cross-border mergers as well as exemption applications and representing clients in judicial review proceedings.
Furthermore, he leads the trade remedies practice of ACTECON and has extensive experience in defending international clients in trade defence investigations. His experience includes crafting responses to the questionnaires, constructing successful defence strategies, conducting dumping & injury margin analyses in accordance with various scenarios, preparing strong counter arguments against the domestic industries’ claims and findings of the investigating authority, advising clients in presenting their case to the investigating authority. He has attended many verification visits, public and private hearings and represented European, Korean, Indian and Chinese clients in anti-dumping, anti-circumvention, safeguard and expiry review investigation proceedings. He has hands-on experience on the procedural and practical issues implemented. Mr. CANBOLAT also defends Turkish exporters in dumping investigations initiated by foreign authorities and has experience in international proceedings.
He also provides advisory services to companies wishing to carry out their activities in compliance with internationally accepted principles and customs rules ranging from tariff classification, rules of origin, and customs valuation to foreign exchange regulation.
Mr. CANBOLAT speaks English and German fluently.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Merger control proceedings before the Turkish Competition Authority covering a number of industries, most notably passenger cars, agrochemicals, hospitality and stainless-steel tubes.
- Abuse of dominance cases, restrictive practices and cartel investigations in various industries including forestry products and media audit.
- Competition compliance programs for companies dealing with online retailing and marketplaces, insurance, FMCG, cement, and ready-mix concrete.
- Anti-dumping, anti-circumvention and safeguard investigations initiated by the Turkish Ministry of Trade regarding various industries.
University of Exeter, Exeter, LL.M. in International Commercial Law, 2012
Bilkent University, Ankara, LLB, 2011
7. International Trade in Goods and Services in Turkey, 2020: Overview, Practical Law Country Guide in International Trade, with Fevzi Toksoy, Bahadır Balkı, Emin Kutay Çelebi, Kenan Güler, and Cüneyt Yetgin
8. "The Turkish Competition Authority Fines Auto Expertise Services Providers for Price Fixing and Supply Cartel (Auto / Çözüm / Dyno Max...)", Lexology, January 2021, with Caner K. Çeşit and Alper Karafil
10. "The Turkish Administrative Court Decided that the Practices based on Secondary Legislation in Force Cannot be Deemed as Violation of the Competition Law", Lexology, October 2020, with Caner K. Çeşit and Alper Karafil
12. "After Almost 13 Years Long Fight, the Constitutional Court Ruled that the Principle of Legality of Crimes and Punishments Violated with Respect to Determination of Administrative Fine by the Turkish Competition Authority (Onmed)", Concurrences, June 2020, with Caner K. Çeşit and Burak Buğrahan Sezer