Safa UYGUR, LL.M. has been providing competition law advice across many sectors since 2013. Having worked for Turkish Competition Authority for over 8 years as a case-handler, he has extensive knowledge on the practical and theoretical aspects of competition law as well as infringement handling procedures and judicial processes. Throughout his career at the Authority, he conducted many investigations including mergers, infringement, individual exemption, and negative clearance cases. Prior to joining ACTECON, Mr. UYGUR worked as a counsel for a respected law firm located in Istanbul.
Mr. UYGUR’s sectoral experience covers a wide range of areas including finance, logistics & infrastructure, software & telecommunications, oil & gas, electricity, airlines, and automotive sectors. He advises clients on all aspects of competition law & economic regulation matters before the competent authorities.
Mr. UYGUR studied law at Ankara University and had his LL.M. degree in Competition Law from Queen Mary University of London as a Jean Monnet Scholar in 2019. His dissertation covered the interrelations between innovation and competition in the context of the control of concentrations and was published in the Competition Law Journal of the Turkish Competition Authority.
He speaks English fluently.
Queen Mary University of London, LL.M. in Competition Law, 2019
Ankara University, LLB, 2012
- "The TCA Publishes Pioneer Decisions on the Simultaneous Implementation of the Leniency and Settlement Procedures", Concurrences, February 2, 2023 with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, Deniz Kıvanç and Zeynep Tuna Akbaş
- “Trendyol Avoids a Full-Fledged Investigation by the Turkish Competition Authority and Gets Block Exemption”, Concurrences, January 25, 2023 with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and Sıla Coşkunoğlu
- "Private Schools’ Practices Are Under the Scrutiny of Turkish Competition Authority", Concurences, January 19, 2023 with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, Sıla Coşkunoğlu and Deniz Kıvanç
- "New Regulation on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Was Adopted", Lexology, January 3, 2023 with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat
- “Be Warned! TCA Fines Türkiye’s Leading Electric Scooter Rental Company For False and Misleading Information (MARTI)”, Concurrences, December 23, 2022 with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, Alper Karafil and Su Başak Satır
- "Fintech in Turkey: Regulation & Competition Law Update", Lexology, April 2022
- Enforcing Competition Law in Labour Markets: A Question of Causality?
- Innovation Competition in the Context of EU Merger Control, Competition Law Journal, 20 (2), December 2019