Caner K. ÇEŞİT provides assistance to national and multinational clients for all matters of competition law and regulatory projects. Mr. ÇEŞİT focuses on advising clients mainly on investigations, negative clearance/exemption applications, merger control filings and day-to-day issues on competition law as well as conducts follow-on competition litigation.
Mr. ÇEŞİT is fluent in English.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority for all clients in a variety of sectors such as automotive, banking, consumer electronics, energy, e-commerce, FMCG, iron and steel, logistics, meal card and telecommunication.
- Merger control proceedings across a wide range of sectors with particular focus on high-profile, complex merger control transactions.
- Competition compliance programs for the clients in a variety of sectors such as aviation, media, health, mining, port management, smart card, shopping mall managament in addition to the sectors mentioned above.
Bahcesehir University, Istanbul, LL.M. in Capital Markets and Commercial Law, 2019
Istanbul University, LLB, 2014
8. "The Turkish Competition Authority Fines Auto Expertise Services Providers for Price Fixing and Supply Cartel (Auto / Çözüm / Dyno Max...)", Lexology, January 2021, with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and Alper Karafil
11. "The Turkish Administrative Court Decided that the Practices based on Secondary Legislation in Force Cannot be Deemed as Violation of the Competition Law", Lexology, October 2020, with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and Alper Karafil
13. "After Almost 13 Years Long Fight, the Constitutional Court Ruled that the Principle of Legality of Crimes and Punishments Violated with Respect to Determination of Administrative Fine by the Turkish Competition Authority (Onmed)", Concurrences, June 2020, with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and Burak Buğrahan Sezer
14. "Competition Law Related Problems in Digital Payment Systems", Istanbul Bilgi University Competition Law in Practice Seminars 2020 (prepared as a book)
16. "Observations on the Amendments Intended to be Made in the Act on the Protection of Competition" (Co-writer), Istanbul Bilgi University Competition Law in Practice Seminars 2019 (prepared as a book)
17. The Role of Competition Law in the Digital Transition in Payment Services, LL.M Thesis, 2019
18. "A Discussion on the Function of Regulation and Competition Law Regarding Contract Farming and Poultry Market" (Co-writer), Istanbul Bilgi University Competition Law in Practice Seminars 2018 (prepared as a book)