M. Fevzi TOKSOY, PhD is an EU Law specialist and also an economist with master degrees from Istanbul and Brussels (ULB) on European Union law and economics and a PhD in EU Competition Law. Mr. TOKSOY is concentrated in EU and Turkish competition laws and international trade remedies. He is the founding partner of ACTECON and offers solutions to clients in competition investigations, merger clearances and preventive competition compliance programs.
He has broad experience in Customs Union based issues such as parallel trade, customs duties and anti-dumping. He contributed in a variety of anti-dumping investigations conducted in different industries (steel, pipes, HR Steel, ball bearings, polyvinyl alcohol, skid chains, Color TVs, Air-conditioners, Automotive tires, zippers, textiles, glass fiber) by Turkish and other anti-dumping authorities (EU, USA, India, Indonesia, Singapore, China, The Gulf Cooperation Council).
After 1997, the date at which the Turkish Competition Authority became active, he focused on EU and Turkish competition law and advised clients in majority of the investigations conducted by the Competition Authority. Mr. TOKSOY also prepared many successful merger notifications, negative clearance and individual exemption applications in a variety of industries.
He combined his competition law knowledge with his broad experience in economic aspects of antitrust matters across a wide range of industries, particularly in mergers and joint ventures, restrictive practices, distribution systems and abuse of dominant position, in areas such as automotive distribution, information technology, environment, energy, FMCG, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, telecommunications, airlines, financial services, sport, media, entertainment, computer software, electrical equipment, chemicals and engineering.
Mr. TOKSOY advised multinational companies in Turkish part of their M&A transactions and especially renowned with his experience in complicated merger control cases. He has successfully negotiated remedies with the Turkish Competition Authority in many complex merger cases. He has practical experience in public and private sector competition law related commercial problems in Turkey such as subcontracting, licensing, distribution schemes and intellectual property rights. He currently conducts projects on this area with large multinationals in Turkey. Mr. TOKSOY conducts competition compliance programs in different industries and, leads and designs workshops and training sessions in mainly multinationals from different industries. He serves as an expert member of the Competition Law and WTO Committees of TUSIAD, Turkish Businessmen and Industrialists’ Association. He is an Associate Member of ABA and member of the Antitrust and M&A Committees and national reporter of International Antitrust committee.
Mr. TOKSOY has been the guest of round tables on the legislative amendments of the Turkish Competition Law hosted by the Competition Authority. He lectures EU and Turkish Competition Law at Marmara University EU Institute and also lectures occasionally “Mergers & Acquisitions”, “International Trade Remedies” and “Competition Law Aspects of EU and Turkish Environmental Law”.
Recognized by Who's Who Legal, Trade & Customs as Expert in the Economists and Antidumping Consultants category in 2022.
Peers and clients say: "Fevzi Toksoy is among the best lawyers in Turkey" "He has all the abilities and skills of a successful practitioner" "He is a gem of a lawyer"
Recognized by Who's Who Legal, Trade & Customs as one of the "World's Leading Economists" in 2019.
WWL says: "Fevzi Toksoy is a well-recognised economist who is commended by market sources,
particularly for his deep expertise in EU trade law."
Marmara University, Istanbul- Jean Monnet Institute, PhD in European Law, 2007
Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, MA in International Relations, 1997
Marmara University, Istanbul- Jean Monnet Institute, LL.M. in European Law, 1996
Bilkent University, Ankara, BSc in Economics, 1994
1. “Of SIEC-Test and Thresholds: Merger Control 2022 in Turkey”, Kluwer Competition Law Blog, October 2022, with Bahadır Balkı and Hanna Stakheyeva
2. BOOK: Merger Control in the EU and Turkey, A Comparative Guide, Second Edition, Wolters Kluwer, with Bahadır Balkı and Hanna Stakheyeva
3. BOOK: Liberal Professional Associations in Turkey, Civil Society and Democracy/Liberal Thinking Group, Co-writer, 2011
4. BOOK: Competition Law and Policies in Automotive Industry, Co-writer, January 2006
5. THESIS: Competition Law Aspects of Mergers and Acquisitions in the EU and Turkish Law: Does Turkey Call for a Merger Reform? The Answer and a Policy Proposal, 2007
6. THESIS: Economic Policies of the EC in the Mediterranean Basin and Turkey, 1997
7. THESIS: Anti-dumping laws under GATT, EU, US and Turkish Legal Frameworks, 1996
8. Private Antitrust Litigation 2023, Turkey, Lexology, Getting the Deal Through, Law Business Research with Bahadır Balkı and Ertuğrul Can Canbolat
9. The Private Competition Enforcement Review 2022, Turkey, The Law Reviews, with Bahadır Balkı, Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, and Sıla Coşkunoğlu
10. Trade & Customs, 2022, Turkey, Lexology, Getting The Deal Through, Law Business Research, with Bahadır Balkı and Ertuğrul Can Canbolat
11. Intellectual Property & Antitrust 2022, Turkey, Lexology, Getting the Deal Through, Law Business Research with Bahadır Balkı, Caner K.Çeşit, Deniz Kıvanç and Ulya Zeynep Tan
12. Competition Compliance 2022, Turkey, Lexology, Getting the Deal Through, Law Business Research with Bahadır Balkı, Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and Caner K. Çeşit
13. The International Trade Law Review, Turkey Chapter, 7th edition, 2021, The Law Reviews, Law Business Research Ltd., with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, and Emin Kutay Çelebi
14. Main Developments in Competition Law and Policy 2021: Turkey, Kluwer Competition Law Blog, with Bahadır Balkı
15. International Trade in Goods and Services in Turkey, 2020: Overview, Practical Law Country Guide in International Trade, with Bahadır Balkı, Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, Emin Kutay Çelebi, Kenan Güler, and Cüneyt Yetgin