Ulya Zeynep TAN provides advice to a wide range of clients on investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority and on merger control issues related to both domestic and cross-border transactions. She also advises in judicial review proceedings filed against the decisions of the Turkish Competition Authority. Ms. Tan assists clients with their day-to-day competition and regulatory compliance matters.
Ms. TAN speaks English fluently.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Abuse of dominance cases, restrictive practices and cartel investigations.
- Competition compliance programs for clients in a variety of sectors such as optics, insurance, and aviation services.
- Preliminary investigations and full-fledged investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority in various industries such as optics, fast consumption goods and leasing.
- Judicial review proceedings filed against the decisions of the Turkish Competition Authority concerning online ticket platforms, optics, and IP-related cases.
Bilkent University, Ankara, LLB, 2018
- Competition Compliance 2023, Turkey, Lexology, Getting the Deal Through, Law Business Research with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, Caner K. Çeşit, and Miraç Mert Karataş
- “Simultaneous Utilization of Both Commitment and Settlement Mechanisms”, Lexology, April 28, 2023, with Caner K. Çeşit and Deniz Kıvanç
- The Private Competition Enforcement Review 2023, Turkey, The Law Reviews, with Bahadir Balki, Caner. K. Çeşit and Miraç Mert Karakaş
- "Lack of Evidence is not Evidence: TCA’s Differing Approach to Standard of Proof for Hinderance of On-Site Inspections", Lexology, October 2022, with Caner K. Çeşit, İdil Gizay Doğan and İrem Özdamar
- Intellectual Property & Antitrust 2022, Turkey, Lexology, Getting the Deal Through, Law Business Research with Fevzi Toksoy, Bahadır Balkı, Caner K. Çeşit and Deniz Kıvanç
- "New Footprints in the Framework of SEPs and FRAND Terms", Lexology, May 2022, with Caner K. Çeşit
- "The Turkish Personal Data Protection Authority Published the Guidelines on the Right to be Forgotten", Lexology, December 2021, with Cansen Erensoy
- "The TCA's Tough Stance towards Information Exchange through Association of Undertakings", Lexology, September 2021, with Caner K. Çeşit
- "First Implementation of the Settlement Mechanism Upon the Recent Publication of the Settlement Regulation", Lexology, August 2021, with Caner K. Çeşit