Su Başak SATIR LL.M. provides advice to a wide range of clients on investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority and on merger control issues related to both domestic and cross-border transactions. She also advises in judicial review proceedings filed against the decisions of the Turkish Competition Authority.
Ms. SATIR assists clients with their day-to-day competition and regulatory compliance matters. She also plays an active role in defending local and international clients before the Ministry of Trade in trade remedy investigations.
Ms. SATIR speaks English fluently.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Merger control proceedings before the Turkish Competition Authority covering a number of industries, most notably Ro-Ro transportation, pharmaceuticals and energy.
- Anti-dumping, anti-circumvention and safeguard investigations initiated by the Turkish Ministry of Trade regarding various industries.
İhsan Doğramacı Bilkent University, BA in Law, 2016 - 2020
İhsan Doğramacı Bilkent University, Minor Programme for Economics, 2017 - 2020
University of Edinburgh, LL.M. in International Economic Law
- "Where to Draw the Line of the Scope of Right to Access to Personal Data? The Constitutional Court Ruled on One’s Right to Access Their Own Personal Data", Lexology, January 25, 2023 with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and Alper Karafil
- "Anti-Dumping Measures Which Are to Expire in 2023 and What Kind of Connotations This Might Have on Interested Parties", Lexology, January 12, 2023, with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat
- "Continuation of Anti-Dumping Measures Concerning The Baby Carriages and Parts of Baby Carriages", Lexology, January 13, 2023 with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat
- "New Regulation on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Was Adopted", Lexology, January 3, 2022 with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, Muhammed Safa Uygur and Zeynep Tuna Akbaş
- “Be Warned! TCA Fines Türkiye’s Leading Electric Scooter Rental Company For False and Misleading Information (MARTI)”, Concurrences, December 23, 2022 with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, Muhammed Safa Uygur and Alper Karafil