İrem AKIN provides legal advice to Turkish and multinational companies in issues of competition law, international trade and regulatory projects.
Ms. AKIN is fluent in English.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Investigation initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority concerning allegations of abuse of the dominant market position and resale price maintenance practices of a leading shock absorber producer.
- Competition compliance programs for companies dealing with online retailing and marketplaces, insurance, FMCG, cement, and ready-mix concrete.
- Data Protection compliance programs and adaptation to the Turkish Data Protection Law and the case law of the Data Protection Authority.
Bilkent University, Ankara, LLB, 2018
1. "Recent Developments on Personal Data Protection in Turkey (April – May 2019): Microsoft's Data Breach, Facebook's Violation, and More", with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and Baran Can Yıldırım, Mondaq, May 2019
2. "Turkish Data Protection Authority Announced Data Leakage of a Dutch Bank Revealing the Importance of Effective Information Security", with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and Baran Can Yıldırım, Mondaq, March 2019