İrem AKIN provides legal advice to Turkish and multinational companies in issues of competition law, international trade and regulatory projects.
Ms. AKIN is fluent in English.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Investigation initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority concerning allegations of abuse of the dominant market position and resale price maintenance practices of a leading shock absorber producer.
- Competition compliance programs for companies dealing with online retailing and marketplaces, insurance, FMCG, cement, and ready-mix concrete.
- Data Protection compliance programs and adaptation to the Turkish Data Protection Law and the case law of the Data Protection Authority.
- Bilkent University, Ankara, LLB, 2018
RECENT ESSAYS & ARTICLES
1. "Recent Developments on Personal Data Protection in Turkey (April – May 2019): Microsoft's Data Breach, Facebook's Violation, and More", with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and Baran Can Yıldırım, Mondaq, May 2019
2. "Turkish Data Protection Authority Announced Data Leakage of a Dutch Bank Revealing the Importance of Effective Information Security", with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and Baran Can Yıldırım, Mondaq, March 2019