Mehmet SALAN provides legal advice to Turkish and multinational companies on issues of competition law, international trade and regulatory projects.
Mr. SALAN is fluent in English.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Cartel and abuse of dominance investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority ("TCA") regarding a multinational bank.
- Cartel and abuse of dominance investigations initiated by the TCA regarding a major poultry producer.
- M&A transactions in ophthalmic lens, and Ro-Ro transportation industries, seeking clearance from the TCA.
- Appeal proceedings against TCA decisions regarding a major heavy commercial vehicle supplier, a top-tier integrated iron and steel producer, a leading shock absorber producer, and a major glass producer.
- Competition compliance programs for a wide range of industries such as e-commerce, aviation, media & entertainment, FMCG, insurance, maritime transportation, automotive and cement.
- Bilgi University, Istanbul, LLB, 2017
RECENT ESSAYS & ARTICLES
- "Integrated System in the Bus Transportation Services Market – A Type of Agency Agreement or Not?", with Barış Yüksel, Mustafa Ayna and Emine Bilsin, Mondaq, November 2018
- "Amazon's Dual Role of Merchant and Platform Under Antitrust Scrutiny in the EU", with Barış Yüksel, Mondaq, September 2018
- "Google Android Decision: Is EU Competition Law Becoming a Tool to Impose the Union’s Industrial Policies – Should Turkey Follow the Commission?", with Barış Yüksel, CEE Legal Matters, July 2018
- "White Appliances Sector Is Under Turkish Competition Authority's Spotlight", with Ayberk Kurt, Mondaq, April 2018
- "Leniency Concluded with TCA’s Opinion Instead a Full-Fledged Investigation-Ready Mix Concrete Industry", with Ayberk Kurt, CEE Legal Matters, February 2018