Mehmet Mikail DEMİR provides advice to a wide range of clients on investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority and on merger control issues related to both domestic and cross-border transactions. He also advises in judicial review proceedings filed against the decisions of the Turkish Competition Authority.
Mr. DEMİR assists clients with their day-to-day competition and regulatory compliance matters. He also plays an active role in defending local and international clients before the Ministry of Trade in trade remedy investigations.
Mr. DEMİR speaks English fluently.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Competition Compliance Programs for the clients in a variety of sectors.
- Investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority for the clients in a variety of sectors such as e-commerce, social media, platform services.
- Merger control proceedings before the Turkish Competition Authority covering a number of industries, most notably market research services, shipbuilders, offshore plant producers.
Koç University, Istanbul, LLB, 2022 (Law & Economics double major)
- “Turkish Competition Authority's Vigilance on Digital Markets: Examining Recent Initiatives and Their Implications”, Kluwer Competition Law Blog, May 30, 2023, with Erdem Aktekin, Nabi Can Acar and Seda Eliri
- “Unveiling the Distinction: Turkish Competition Authority Clarified “Mergers” and “Acquisitions” under Turkish Merger Control Regime”, Concurrences, May 19, 2023, with Erdem Aktekin and Helin Yüksel
- "The Constitutional Court of Turkey Examined the Constitutionality of the Amendments Made in 2020 to Turkish Competition Law", Concurrences, April 4, 2023, with Erdem Aktekin and Nabi Can Acar
- "Two Edges of Europe Cross Lines: The CMA Fines BMW AG for Failing to Comply with an Information Request", Kluwer Competition Law Blog, January 15, 2023 with Erdem Aktekin and Helin Yüksel
- “The Information You Have Requested Cannot Be Reached at the Moment: The Regional Administrative Court Upheld the Board’s Decision Imposing Fines on Five International Banks for Not Providing the Requested Information”, Concurrences, November 2022, with Erdem Aktekin and Helin Yüksel
- "Türk Telekom Decision: Recent Approach to Refusal to Deal", Concurrences, November 2022, with Erdem Aktekin and Helin Yüksel
- "A New Age for Digital Markets in Turkey? The Draft Amendment to the Law No. 4054 on the Protection of Competition", Kluwer Competition Law Blog, October 2022, with Erdem Aktekin, Nabi Can Acar, Helin Yüksel and Seda Eliri