İrem ÖZDAMAR provides advice to a wide range of clients on investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority and on merger control issues related to both domestic and cross-border transactions. She advises in judicial review proceedings filed against the decisions of the Turkish Competition Authority. Ms. ÖZDAMAR assists clients with their day-to-day competition and regulatory compliance matters.
Ms. ÖZDAMAR speaks English fluently.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
• Competition compliance programs for the clients in a variety of sectors such as aviation, FMCG, insurance, and eyewear.
• Ongoing investigation initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority concerning allegations of abuse of the dominant position and bundling practices of a leading eyewear company.
• Ongoing investigation initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority concerning allegations of resale price maintenance and restrictive practices of a leading FMCG company.
• Preliminary investigations and full-fledged investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority.
Ankara University, Ankara, LLB, 2022
- "TCA Imposed Interim Measures on Krea", Lexology, November 28, 2022, with Caner K. Çeşit and Cansen Erensoy
- "Lack of Evidence is not Evidence: TCA’s Differing Approach to Standard of Proof for Hinderance of On-Site Inspections", Lexology, October 2022, with Taner K. Çeşit, Ulya Zeynep Tan and İdil Gizay Doğan