İdil Gizay DOĞAN, LL.M provides advice to a wide range of clients on investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority and on merger control issues related to both domestic and cross-border transactions. She also advises in judicial review proceedings filed against the decisions of the Turkish Competition Authority. Ms. DOĞAN assists clients with their day-to-day competition and regulatory compliance matters.
Ms. DOĞAN English and French fluently.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Abuse of dominance cases, restrictive practices and cartel investigations.
- Competition compliance programs for clients in a variety of sectors such as optics, insurance, and aviation services.
- Preliminary investigations and full-fledged investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority in various industries such as optics, fast consumption goods and leasing.
- Judicial review proceedings filed against the decisions of the Turkish Competition Authority concerning online ticket platforms, optics, and IP-related cases.
Ankara University, Ankara, Equivalence Degree in Turkish Law, 2021
Humboldt University of Berlin, Berlin/Germany, LL.M. in International Dispute Resolution, 2020
University Jean Moulin (Lyon 3), Lyon/France, M.A. in Business Law, 2019
University Jean Moulin (Lyon 3), Lyon/France, LLB in Private Law, 2018
1. "Lack of Evidence is not Evidence: TCA’s Differing Approach to Standard of Proof for Hinderance of On-Site Inspections", Lexology, October 2022, with Caner K. Çeşit, Ulya Zeynep Tan and İrem Özdamar
2. The Public Competition Enforcement Review, 2022, Turkey, The Law Reviews, with Bahadır Balkı, Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, and Caner K. Çeşit
3. "Attorney-Client Privilege from Competition Law Perspective: Comparison Between Turkish and French Legal Systems", Lexology, June 2022, with Caner K. Çeşit