Helin YÜKSEL LL.M. provides advice to a wide range of clients on investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority and on merger control issues related to both domestic and cross-border transactions. She also advises in judicial review proceedings filed against the decisions of the Turkish Competition Authority.
Ms. YÜKSEL assists clients with their day-to-day competition and regulatory compliance matters. She also plays an active role in defending local and international clients before the Ministry of Trade in trade remedy investigations.
Ms. YÜKSEL speaks English fluently.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Merger control proceedings across a wide range of sectors with particular focus on high-profile, complex merger control transactions.
- Preliminary investigations and full-fledged investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority concerning abuse of dominance, restrictive practices and cartel allegations in various sectors including insurance, automotive, shipping, retail food products, and information technologies.
- Compliance reviews and tailored competition compliance programs for clients in a variety of sectors such as consumer electronics, machinery parts, healthcare technology, and poultry.
- Sector reviews for e-market platforms and FinTech sectors.
Leiden University, Faculty of Law, European and International Business Law Programme (Advanced LL.M.), 2022
Bahçeşehir University, Faculty of Law, LL.B., 2018
- “The Turkish Competition Authority Concluded Its Preliminary Investigation Regarding Car Rental Services Market”, Concurrences, February 15, 2023 with Erdem Aktekin and Seda Eliri
- "The Turkish Competition Authority Takes a Wide Interpretation of the “Technology Undertaking” Exception Applicable to the Turkey’s Merger Control Thresholds", Concurrences, February 1, 2023, with Bahadır Balkı, Erdem Aktekin and Nabi Can Acar
- "Two Edges of Europe Cross Lines: The CMA Fines BMW AG for Failing to Comply with an Information Request", Kluwer Competition Law Blog, January 15, 2023 with Erdem Aktekin and Mehmet Mikail Demir
- “The Information You Have Requested Cannot Be Reached at the Moment: The Regional Administrative Court Upheld the Board’s Decision Imposing Fines on Five International Banks for Not Providing the Requested Information”, Concurrences, November 2022, with Erdem Aktekin and Mehmet Mikail Demir
- “The Turkish Competition Authority Sets the Boundaries of its “Technology Undertaking” Definition”, Concurrences, November 2022, with Erdem Aktekin and Nabi Can Acar
- "Türk Telekom Decision: Recent Approach to Refusal to Deal", Concurrences, November 2022, with Erdem Aktekin and Mehmet Mikail Demir
- "A New Age for Digital Markets in Turkey? The Draft Amendment to the Law No. 4054 on the Protection of Competition", Kluwer Competition Law Blog, October 2022, with Erdem Aktekin, Nabi Can Acar, Seda Eliri and Mehmet Mikail Demir