Fırat EĞRİLMEZ provides legal advice to Turkish and multinational companies on issues of competition law, international trade and regulatory projects. Mr. EĞRİLMEZ focuses on advising clients mainly on the investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority, merger control related matters and day-to-day issues on competition law. He is also involved in the projects related with international trade regulations including anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard proceedings.
He is admitted to Ankara Bar Association since 2017.
Mr. EĞRİLMEZ is fluent in English.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Investigation initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority (“TCA”), with the concern that certain fertilizer producers had involved in price fixing. (ongoing)
- Investigation initiated by the TCA, with the concern of an anti-competitive agreement or a concerted practice regarding the market for sales of medium density fiberboard (MDF) and chipboard. (ongoing)
- Investigation initiated by the TCA, with the concern of an anti-competitive agreement or a concerted practice regarding poultry sector.
- Preliminary inquiry initiated by the TCA for a leading flexible package producer based on the concern that the undertakings active in the flexible packaging industry had colluded. The preliminary inquiry was closed without the initiation of an investigation.
- Merger control advisory for a leading ophthalmic lens manufacturer.
- Competition compliance program for a leading national broadcasting company.
- Safeguard investigation initiated by Turkish Ministry of Trade concerning the imports of nylon threads.
- Bilkent University, Ankara, LLB, 2016
RECENT ESSAYS & ARTICLES