Emin Kutay ÇELEBİ provides legal advice to Turkish and multinational companies regarding competition law, international trade and regulatory projects. Mr. ÇELEBİ assists clients mainly on the investigations initiated by the Turkish Competition Authority, merger control related matters and trade defense instruments with respect to anti-dumping, anti-circumvention and safeguard investigations initiated by the Turkish Ministry of Trade. He participated in the John H. Jackson WTO moot court during his studies and he has broad knowledge of World Trade Organization law.
Mr. ÇELEBİ is fluent in English.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Compliance with US sanctions imposed on Iran.
- Safeguard investigation initiated by Turkish Ministry of Trade concerning the imports of nylon threads.
- Anti-circumvention investigation initiated by Turkish Ministry concerning the imports of certain chemicals.
- Anti-dumping investigation initiated by the Philippines Ministry of Trade concerning flour industry.
- Merger notification to the Turkish Competition Authority concerning undertakings in the hotel accommodation services.
Bilgi University, Istanbul, LLB, 2019