Deniz KIVANÇ, has been providing competition law advice across many sectors since her graduation. Deniz has extensive knowledge of and experience on all aspects of competition law, antitrust, and public policy. Prior to joining ACTECON, Ms. KIVANÇ worked as an associate for a respected law firm located in Istanbul. Throughout her career she conducted many investigations including mergers, infringement, individual exemption, and negative clearance cases.
During her career, Ms. KIVANÇ participated in many investigations (including commitment and settlement processes) conducted by the Turkish Competition Authority and merger control proceedings in a wide range of areas that are mainly in FMCG, e-commerce, agriculture, pharmaceutical, energy, ticketing, optic, fertilizer, finance sectors and took an active role in compliance programs carried out in many companies – including multinational companies – operating in various sectors.
Ms. KIVANÇ graduated with honors degree from Istanbul Bilgi University in Law (major) and Economics (minor). She participates as a professional to several seminars about competition law in different universities.
Ms. KIVANÇ currently provides advisory services to clients regarding day-to-day competition and compliance related matters, and all steps of proceedings before Turkish Competition Authority. She also assists clients in preparing competition compliance programs and provides services in all aspects of competition law in various sectors.
Ms. KIVANÇ speaks English fluently.
Bilgi University, Istanbul, LLB, 2019
- Bilgi University, Istanbul, BS in Economics (minor), 2019
- “Simultaneous Utilization of Both Commitment and Settlement Mechanisms”, Lexology, April 28, 2023, with Caner K. Çeşit and Ulya Zeynep Tan
- "The TCA Publishes Pioneer Decisions on the Simultaneous Implementation of the Leniency and Settlement Procedures", Concurrences, February 2, 2023 with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, Muhammed Safa Uygur and Zeynep Tuna Akbaş
- "Private Schools’ Practices Are Under the Scrutiny of Turkish Competition Authority", Concurences, January 19, 2023 with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, Safa Uygur and Sıla Coşkunoğlu
- "Turkish Competition Authority Terminated its Investigation Against Leading e-Scooter Rental Firm with Commitments", Lexology, October 2022, with Caner K. Çeşit
- Intellectual Property & Antitrust 2022, Turkey, Lexology, Getting the Deal Through, Law Business Research with Fevzi Toksoy, Bahadır Balkı, Caner K. Çeşit and Ulya Zeynep Tan