Deboleena DUTTA provides advice to Turkish and multinational companies regarding international trade and regulatory projects. She is a member of ACTECON's International Trade& WTO team.
Ms. DUTTA assists clients mainly on the investigations initiated by the international investigation authorities, such as US Department of Commerce and European Commission, as well as the anti-dumping investigations initiated by the Turkish Ministry of Trade.
Ms. DUTTA's International trade related activities even before admitted as a lawyer are listed below:
- Internship at Centre for WTO Studies under the guidance of Mr. Abhijit Das in 2018.
- Internship at Clarus Law Associates under the guidance of Ms. Anuradha RV in 2019.
- Ideated and organized the first International Conference on International Trade Law, 2019.
- Participated at GNLU International Moot Court Competition 2020.
Ms. DUTTA speaks English fluently.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS:
- Trade remedial investigations before Indian and EU authorities on behalf of Indian and foreign clients from various industries, inter-alia, tyre, chemicals, steel, leather, yarn.
- Worked on two EU cases representing the interests of the Government of India.
- Drafted over 80 written submissions in anti-dumping, anti-subsidy, and safeguard investigations before the trade defence authority, and appellate fora - Supreme Court of India, High Courts and Appellate Tribunal.
- Analysis of various financial data to conjure up data-driven arguments in these investigations.
- Provision of legal advice to clients, Indian and foreign businesses and governments, on a range of International Trade Law issues, including trade remedies, customs, implications of FTAs on businesses.
Law Centre-I, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, India, LLB, 2020
Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi, India, B. A. (Hons.) Economics, 2016