Can YILDIRIM provides legal advice to Turkish and multinational companies on issues of competition law, international trade and regulatory projects. He further represents clients in judicial review of administrative actions.
Mr. YILDIRIM is fluent in English.
EXPERIENCE & MAIN PROJECTS
- Merger control proceedings before the Turkish Competition Authority covering a number of industries, most notably passenger cars, agrochemicals, hospitality and stainless-steel tubes.
- Abuse of dominance cases, restrictive practices and cartel investigations in various industries including forestry products and media audit.
- Competition compliance programs for companies dealing with online retailing and marketplaces, insurance, FMCG, cement, and ready-mix concrete.
- Data Protection compliance programs and adaptation to the Turkish Data Protection Law and the case law of the Data Protection Authority.
- Anti-dumping and safeguard investigations regarding multinational clients operating in the copper tubes and pipes, iron & steel, chemicals and textile industries.
- Anti-dumping investigation initiated by the Israeli Ministry of Economy against Turkish cement manufacturers.
- Washington University School of Law, St.Louis, LL.M., 2015
- Istanbul Ticaret University, Istanbul, LLB, 2013
RECENT ESSAYS & ARTICLES
- "Recent Developments on Personal Data Protection in Turkey (April – May 2019): Microsoft's Data Breach, Facebook's Violation, and More", with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and S.İrem Akın, Mondaq, May 2019
- "USA to Denounce Turkey's Eligibility to GSP Beneficiary", with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and Burak Buğrahan Sezer, Mondaq, March 2019
- "Turkish Data Protection Authority Announced Data Leakage of a Dutch Bank Revealing the Importance of Effective Information Security", with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and S.İrem Akın, Mondaq, March 2019
- "Turkish Appellate Court Reversed the Decision of the Court of First Instance Requiring Strict Standard of Proof in Anti-Dumping Investigations - A Case Against US Originating Products", with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat, Mondaq, March 2019
- "Turkish Data Protection Authority Announces the Procedure to be taken by Companies in Cases of Data Breaches", with Ertuğrul Can Canbolat and S.İrem Akın, Mondaq, February 2019