ACTECON offers support in preventing and/or resolving any issues related to WTO/international trade. We represent both national and international clients active in various industries, including chemicals, solar energy, iron & steel, electronics, ceramics, glass and textiles, in relation to:
- Trade policy defense tools, such as anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard investigations, surveillance and quota allocations
- Customs assistance: EU-Turkey specific customs rules, duty exemptions and policies, origin and valuation disputes, authenticity and parallel imports
ACTECON’s international trade team consists of experts with background in economics and/or law, experience in international trade and competition matters, strong knowledge of Turkish business world, vast resources to meet the clients’ needs, in addition to well-established and crystalline working relationship with Turkish public authorities, including the Ministry of Economy.
Highlights of ACTECON’s representation include representation of the Turkish iron & steel industry in anti-dumping investigations and safeguard proceedings initiated by the US, India, Gulf Cooperation Council, assistance to the Malaysian, Vietnamese and Chinese producers and exporters in different trade remedy investigations etc.
ACTECON is a part of the Antidumping Defense Group - a global network of experienced international trade lawyers and economists from the USA, Turkey, China and Jordan, providing professional assistance to importers/exporters in various industries primarily in antidumping, countervailing duty and safeguards proceedings.
Trade Policy defense tools
ACTECON’s team has a strong reputation in providing support in relation to trade remedies, including anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard investigations and related actions. We have represented a number of major private clients and industry associations acting both as complainants and respondents in various cases, including representing the Turkish iron & steel industry in anti-dumping investigations and safeguard proceedings initiated by the US, India, Gulf Cooperation Council, assisting the Malaysian, Vietnamese and Chinese producers and exporters in different trade remedy investigations etc.
ACTECON assists its clients in a variety of customs related issues, such as origin and valuation, customs procedures and audits, duty exemptions and policies, applications for waivers or mitigation of fines, investigations by customs authorities, dispute settlement proceedings etc. Our team is also experienced in peculiarities of the EU-Turkey specific customs rules and customs compliance programs.
Highlights of representation
- Solar panels - Two different Chinese companies - antidumping investigation
- Tubes and pipes of refined copper - Greek company - antidumping investigation
- Tubes and pipes of cast iron - Indian and UAE company - antidumping investigation
- Glass fiber - Chinese Association – antidumping investigation
- Cored wire of base metal - US Electric companies - antidumping investigation
- Woven fabrics and apparels - Pakistani association - safeguard investigations
- Textile - Turkish company - trade policy remedies
- Woven fabrics - Chinese organization - safeguards investigation initiated by Turkey
- Gas water heaters - Chinese Company - antidumping investigation
- Machine rugs - Southeast Turkey Carpet Exporters’ Union – investigation in initiated by Israel
- Bicycle tire and tubes - Major tire manufacturer located in China – antidumping investigation
- Elevator rail products- Turkish manufacturer - application for initiation of an antidumping investigation
- Flat glass and safety glass - Major Israeli manufacturer - antidumping investigations
- Concrete pumps - Korean company - antidumping investigation